Jump into the heart of the Texas Hill Country. Founded in 1845 by German settlers, New Braunfels is over flowing with old world heritage and small town charm. Home to many world famous tourist attractions including the Guadalupe River, The Natural Bridge Caverns/Wildlife Ranch and the country's number one water-park, Schlitterbahn, New Braunfels is over flowing with old world heritage and small town charm. Just a few highlights include:
- Stroll in to the city with a walking tour, take in our great museums, historic districts, and performing arts.
- Shop at the largest outlet mall in South Texas. With over 125 name-brand shops in an expansive, open-air, hacienda-style setting, this San Marcos Premium Outlet Mall features many amenities to provide a wonderful shopping experience.
- Enjoy family fun at the country's number one water-park, Schlitterbahn, with 65 acres of family fun and folks can bring their own picnic.
- Float two clear, clean rivers, Texas style in a "toob"!
- See the largest caverns in Texas at Natural Bridge Caverns and family safari next door at Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch.
- Ride the miniature train in the most beautiful walking arboretum, Landa Park.
- Enjoy the nationally registered Historic District of Gruene, featuring Fine Restaurants, wine tasting, shopping, dining, dancing and B&B's.
- Spend a romantic evening soaking in the sights and sounds of San Antonio's historic River Walk.